"SOME GAVE ALL, ALL GAVE SOME"
When you make a gift to the National United States Armed Forces Museum, you have tremendous flexibility in determining how the funds will be used, as well as many options for making your gift.
Volunteer your time:
- Constructions of displays
- Repairs, Maintenance & Up keep of equipment
- Research, Displays, Materials, Artifacts, etc.
- Assisting in operating the PX/front office
Unrestricted gifts are among the most valuable to NUSAFM, because they allow the museum to allocate funds wherever the need is greatest, and to take advantage of unique opportunities as they arise. Your unrestricted contribution may be used to support costs associated with acquiring displays, equipment, facility upgrade, and much more.
Directed gifts allow you to designate your gift to a specific school or program, a support group, or a priority area at the museum. When you make a directed gift to NUSAFM, you enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you are supporting a program that is personally meaningful to you.
Outright GiftsWhen you make an outright gift to NUSAFM, your contribution can be put to work immediately — either providing funding for current programs or creating a reliable source of future income by expanding the museum’s endowment. An outright gift may be composed of almost any asset of value:
- Cash gifts — the simplest and easiest gifts you can make — can be made through credit/debit card transactions, outright cash, or personal checks, cashier’s checks, or money orders made payable to the National United States Armed Forces Museum.
- Gifts of real estate — including personal residences, second homes, income property, and vacant land — offer a wide variety of tax and other benefits. Whereas most people give their entire interest away, it is also possible to give only a portion of the property (an undivided percentage interest) while retaining the rest for other purposes.
- Gifts of personal property — including military artifacts, works of art, valuable collectibles, and tangible items of demonstrable value — in some cases may enable you to make a significant gift to support NUSAFM with outstanding tax benefits to you. Likewise, gifts of intangible personal property, such as copyrights, patents, and mineral rights, can generate income for the program of your choice on a continuing basis.
NUSAFM welcomes your gift through a pledge — a formal statement of intention to make a gift to the museum. With a pledge, you may complete your gift by making regular payments over time, allowing you to give more generously than you originally may have considered. What is more, each payment on your pledge is eligible for an income-tax charitable deduction.